Last Revised: October 31st, 2018
What does this privacy notice cover?
What personal information do we collect?
Information You Provide To Us
We collect personal information you provide to us.
When you register with us to receive the services, we may collect some or all of the following
- your name, address and telephone number;
- email address and facsimile number;
- your occupation;
- your date of birth;
- similar information about other members of your family, including your children in respect of whom you use the services;
- your credit card number;
- your workplace;
- your location;
- photographs and videos that you upload;
- health information (for example, relevant medical information about your child); and other reasonably necessary information about your child for the purpose of providing the services (and for our child care partners to provide childcare services), including in relation to food preferences, allergies, behavioural issues, learning abilities and other information.
- If you provide to us the personal information of a minor, you warrant to us that you are the parent or legal guardian of that minor.
We also collect non-personal, technical information regarding the performance of the services, as well as information about how you use our services.
We may add to our records from personal information we collect from other sources, including from our child care partners.
Information Collected Automatically
Whenever you interact with our services, we may automatically receive and record information on logs and databases from your browser, application, services or device(s).
Other information collected automatically may include your IP address, location details, “cookie” information, mobile device, operating system, the type of browser, demographic information, application and/or device(s) you're using to access our services, click through paths, the identity of the page or feature you are requesting or interacting with, time on page of feature, and other indicators of how you are interacting with the services. “Cookies” are identifiers we transfer to your device that allow us to recognize your browser, application or device and tell us how and when various pages and features in our services are visited or used and by how many people. You may be able to change the preferences on your browser, application or device to prevent or limit your device's acceptance of cookies, but this may prevent you from taking advantage of some of our features. We may associate the information we collect from your different devices, which helps us provide consistent services across devices.
We may deliver a file to you through the services (known as a “web beacon”) from an ad network. Web beacons allow ad networks to provide anonymized, aggregated auditing, research and reporting for us and for advertisers. Web beacons also enable ad networks to serve targeted advertisements to you when you visit other websites. Because your web browser must request these advertisements and web beacons from the ad network's servers, these companies can view, edit, or set their own cookies, just as if you had requested a web page from their site.
Although we would like to honor browsers set with do not track ("DNT") signals, at this time, our services do not respond to DNT signals or other mechanisms that might enable users to opt out of tracking on our services. For more information about DNT, please visit: https://allaboutdnt.com/.
How do we use your personal information?
We may use your personal information for a number of purposes, including to provide, maintain, protect and improve our services, to develop new services and to protect our users. Specifically, we use your personal information to:
- to assess and recommend child care services that are relevant to your needs;
- to respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests;
- to send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding the services and changes to our terms, conditions and policies;
- to send you communications that we believe may be of interest to you, including advertising from us and our partners;
- to improve current and future delivery of the services (for example, to monitor and evaluate how our services are used);
- to help our child care partners understand how their services are used and how they could be improved, such as by analyzing the personal information to determine what childcare service providers can do to improve their services, respond to customer preferences (such as location and specific services);
- for our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new products, enhancing, improving or modifying the services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities; and
- as we determine necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Occasionally, in compliance with Canada's Anti-Spam Law (CASL), we may send electronic communications to you with information that may be useful to you, including information about CareFind and other third parties with whom we have a relationship. We will include instructions on how to unsubscribe and inform us of preferences if you decide you do not want to receive any future emails from us. You can also change your subscription by emailing our Privacy Officer at the details set out below with your name and your electronic addresses. Even where you unsubscribe, the law still allows us to send you some kinds of electronic messages, such as invoices, without your consent.
Sometimes we have to share your personal information
We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
The security of your personal information is important to us
We endeavor to protect the privacy of your account and other personal information we hold in our records, but we cannot guarantee complete security. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time.
If we believe any incident has occurred that involves the loss of or unauthorized access to or disclosure of personal information that is under our control, in cases where a reasonable person would consider that there exists a real risk of significant harm as a result, we will investigate the situation and, where appropriate, notify you. We will take all other steps which we believe are appropriate or legally required.
We may process your personal information in other countries (for example, our third party service providers may store your personal information in the United States) where laws regarding processing of personal information may be less stringent than those in Canada (for example, it may be accessible by a foreign government).
How long do we keep your personal information?
We retain your personal information only as long as we require it to provide you with the services and to maintain an appropriate historical record of our relationship with you. If there are legal requirements relating to the period of time for which we must retain your personal information, we comply with those requirements.
What if you want to limit the use of your personal information?
You may request access and changes to your personal information
Changes to our business
We may also share some or all of your personal information in connection with or during the negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition or dissolution transaction or proceeding involving the sale, transfer, divestiture, or disclosure of all or a portion of our business or assets.